Our mission is to promote, preserve and protect public schools and public education. CPS opposes any political or social initiative that seeks to infringe on or endanger such a vital resource as our public schools. Our goals:
- Keep public resources for public schools under public control in innovative, inclusive, democratically accountable schools.
- Increase funding to ensure high quality public schools for all children.
- Ensure equal access and educational opportunities for every child.
- Guarantee every student a well-rounded public education that meets the needs of the whole child.
- Implement multiple forms of assessment to evaluate and improve student learning and the quality of schools.
If you are a parent, teacher or student working for excellence and equity in public schools in Massachusetts, please consider joining CPS!
- Membership Levels
- Basic Member $35
- CPS Sponsor $50
- CPS Supporter $100
- CPS Sustainer $250
- CPS Mentor $500
We support increasing funding to ensure high quality public schools for all children. Citizens for Public Schools opposes the use of high stakes tests as the sole criteria for graduation and supports the development of authentic means of student and school assessment. We rely on your financial contributions and participation to carry out our mission. When you become a member, you will also receive a subscription to The Backpack, our quarterly e-newsletter.
If you prefer not to make an online donation, you can send a check to Citizens for Public Schools, 18 Tremont Street, Suite 320, Boston, MA 02108.
Your support and continued activism are very much appreciated.