Our mission is to promote, preserve and protect public schools and public education. CPS opposes any political or social initiative that seeks to infringe on or endanger such a vital resource as our public schools. Our goals:
- Keep public resources for public schools under public control in innovative, inclusive, democratically accountable schools.
- Increase funding to ensure high quality public schools for all children.
- Ensure equal access and educational opportunities for every child.
- Guarantee every student a well-rounded public education that meets the needs of the whole child.
- Implement multiple forms of assessment to evaluate and improve student learning and the quality of schools.